Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Cowgirl


We started this painting a couple of weeks ago in the Monday night painting class, but I didn't get pictures the first night. This is where we were in the second class and I only have the pictures of mine and Debbie's at this stage. Sharon was in Japan last week and missed this class, but I got her caught up in last nights class which I will post the results of next.
We found a picture in a magazine of this cowgirl done by Doreman Burns. My two students, being born and raised in Texas, just love anything along the Western lines. So naturally, being girls and all, they wanted to learn to paint this cowgirl. Doreman Burns does his paintings in watercolor and we work primarily in oil, so it will be interesting to see how our interpretations turn out. We are just at the underpainting stage right now. Mine is the first picture and Debbie's the second picture.

No comments: