Thursday, December 13, 2007

Sculpture of Belinda

As a change of pace I thought I would post a picture of one of the sculptures I have done in the past. This lifesize bust was created using a white ceramic clay that was kiln fired. Then a patina was applied to give it a bronze appearance. This sculpture of Belinda was on display at The Warehouse Gallery in Fort Worth, Texas where it was purchased by the building owner for her private collection.

Creating portrait sculptures for individuals by commission is what has been the mainstay of my art career for the past seventeen to eighteen years. With the economy the way it is right now I find myself doing more painting than sculpting lately. I do have a portrait sculture of a child in process at the moment, so I will post a picture of it soon. Okay, enough posting for today. I have to go paint now!

If you are interested in having a portrait sculpture done email me at pyrmom@yahoo.com with "portrait sculpture" as the subject of your email.

No comments: