Sunday, April 26, 2009

Companion to Diana


I have been following the "Differnt Stroke From Different Folks" which is a bi-weekly challenge for any artist who wants to participate. A subject photo is posted every other Wednesday and each artist can do their interpretation of it and email it to be posted. It was started by one of my favorite artist, Karen Jurick. She posted the first photo the week of September 3rd, 2008 and there were 55 participants for the first challenge. Of course the number of participants has grown since then. This is week 27-28 and I decided to take a few hours off from sculpting (I am very behind with a portrait commission) and try my hand at this. I do hope that my painting will be accepted. I would like to be able to participate again in the next challenges. Anyway, here is my little painting of Diana's Companion done in oil on a canvas pad.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job! I hope you are able to 'carve out' more time from your sculpting to do other challenges!

dominique eichi said...

Yes this is a good rendition for DSFDF

Jimmie Anne Stephens said...

Thank you Sheila and Dominique. Your comments are greatly appreciated. I will do more of these challenges.