Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Where has the time gone?


I did not realize that it has been over two months since I last posted a painting. I am so far behind with a couple of sculpture commissions that painting has had to take a back seat. And I am sorry to say that the sculptures are still not completed to my satisfaction as of yet. I hope to have one of them ready for approval within the next two days. As it is, all of the paintings I have been posting the past several months have been the progress of my painting students and not much of my own personal work. When I do get caught up on sculptures I will be spending time doing small paintings to help get me back into the groove again.


I also plan to participate in the "Different Strokes for Different Folks" painting challenge that Karen Jurick started several months ago. I have been following that blog from the very first painting everyone did from the first photo (which was of Karen's dog, Jack, who has passed on). I absolutely love seeing all of the different inturpretations that come about from the photo. There are still a few days before the deadline of the current challenge and I may steal a few hours and do a small painting to submit too. It just looks like so much fun to participate in. I will be entering as many of these challenges as I can when I do get my work load under control.


Anyway, here is a picture of one of my past paintings. I hope you enjoy seeing it.

No comments: