Sunday, November 18, 2007

Mountain View Lake

I teach an oil painting class where I live in Canton, Texas. This is one of the paintings that I did while instructing that class. And because it was done while instructing there are things that are a little off kilter in this painting. I have found it hard to keep things in perspective while standing to one side or the other of the easel so that the class can see what I am doing. Some times I feel like I am hanging upside down from the top of the easel just so they can see!
It is as much of a learning experience for me as it is for them. This is a beginners wet on wet class, and I have to keep it simple for them as most of them have never picked up a brush before. You would be amazed at what these ladies have learned, and how beautiful their paintings turn out.

No comments: