Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Still Lake


Still lake is another painting I did along with my students that I teach on Monday nights. The rocks in the forground brought alot of groans from the ladies as they tried a new double loaded brush technique. What is a simple thing to me sometimes causes alot of anguish to my students. It is all part of the learning process. One day they will wonder why this seemed so hard to them.
This was done on a 16" x 20" canvas in oil. It is not for sale as my grandson has placed a claim on it. He likes the quiet stillness of the mountains reflections in the water.
Well this is the last post for a couple of days. This is First Monday Trade Days weekend here in Canton, Texas, and I own a small bed and bath business. I am totally booked from Thursday night until Sunday, and I have to go clean rooms and get ready for my guests. So it is no painting for me for the next couple of days. (I bet I do try to find at least an hour somewhere to paint something!).

No comments: